Sunday, January 22, 2017

Our Right To Glorify

    

    Let me state up front, I'm not choosing a political side on social media...I'm not even a political person. However, my heart is so burdened today for the generation before me, my generation, and most importantly, the example we are setting for the generations to come.

     I’m afraid we have become a nation that feels entitlement strongly. We believe we have a right to whatever we set our minds to. When this entitlement is taken away, we become enraged because that was ours before and we are entitled to have it.
I am not here to condemn any “rights” movement.
I’m not here to condemn your personal belief.
    However, I am here to ask you to take a step back and ask yourselves what truly matters in life? We were created here on earth for one purpose and one purpose only; to glorify God in everything we do…to worship an incredible God who created all and lets be reminded, also owns all. You see, when we truly look at it, we don’t have rights as humans EXCEPT a right to glorify God. Although we may be given different rights/privileges, they ultimately belong to God.

     I challenge you with this picture of a beloved little child in Guatemala who has a joy on her face that is, if we are being honest, very hard to find on a face in America. This precious little one has no rights at all. She is classified as the lowest of low. So low that many Americans could never fathom her life because our poorest are even rich in terms of this little girl. She has the dress that is on her and that only. She’s lucky to be fed once a day. Free education is not a right…the teachers will maybe show up once a week to their village school if they are lucky. She has worms in her belly at all times because medicine is not an option for this family.

    But yet, she has a joy that is so unexplainable that it is not of this world. She has true joy, not happiness. She doesn’t ask for rights because she knows her rights are in Christ. This little girl wakes up every morning knowing who Jesus is in her life and that is all she is joyful for.

     Please, during this time of turmoil and unrest in our nation, I ask you to look at where you place your rights. Take a step back and look at the grander picture; the world; the brokenness going on around us; the lost and the lonely that we encounter every day. Remind yourself that our right in this world is to glorify God in everything and let go of all other rights.


(This was a caption I wrote with this picture 8 months ago and I decided to keep it as I felt it fitting for the blog. )
“When we finally come to the realization that this life really isn't about us, but about being the physical hands and feet of God, life becomes so much more simple.
Live Simply.

Love Others.”

No comments:

Post a Comment